Welcome to DE Land!
Re-Inventing Evangelism for Ordinary Christians
The reality is that at best, only 10% of Christians have the “gift” of evangelism (and that would be a generous estimate). So where does that leave the rest…the ungifted, ordinary Christians? Pretty much on the sidelines watching and cheering the gifted few (and writing checks). This seems unacceptable to us.
It’s time evangelism became a normal spiritual practice again, like reading your bible or prayer, instead of another church program. After practicing what we call “ordinary attempts” (or OA’s), many people tell us that they feel “validated” and “empowered”, discovering that God counts things they already do. They can do more of that, with greater intention. That gets more people in the game…which is the whole mission of Doable Evangelism (DE).
We think evangelism…
- Is for everyone (including the 90% who are ordinary Christians)
- Needs to be doable (no programs, pitches, personalities or presentations to memorize…phew!)
- Has to be fun and natural (not weird…phew, again!)
How can I learn more about Doable Evangelism?
- Read stories about ordinary people practicing Doable Evangelism on the “OA Stories” page (OA’s=ordinary attempts)
- Read thoughts about evangelism, culture, and the church on our “DE Thoughts” page.
- Sign up for the weekly email updates (so you don’t miss a single post!)
- Read Evangelism Without Additives, by Jim Henderson
- Come to a Doable Evangelism Seminar (see our calendar for upcoming Seminars)
- Host a Doable Evangelism Seminar in your area (click HERE for details on options) – contact us for more information
- PRACTICE OA’s (ordinary attempts) and tell us about your experience by sending us your story!
Want to donate? Well, you can…but we do not have tax-exempt status, so it will basically just be a really kind way of saying to Randy Siever, “Dude…stay in the game!” You don’t need a PayPal account to give, but you will need a credit or debit card of some kind. Thanks.